Applebees - Apparently I can't read the invisible rules.

I went to the Applebee's in West Bend, Wi yesterday, July 21st.I saw the ad for the free sampler of either the shrimp or the churros.

Great, I thought! Knowing they were smaller than a usually appetizer, I thought I would take advantage of the $3.00 samplers (as it states, up to 5) and try a couple others. What a silly girl, I am! Apparently, there is a rule that you must purchase an appetizer combo at full price in order to take advantage of this deal.

What was I thinking?

I apparently didn't read the invisible print on these ads!Rip-off artists at work again!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Applebees Appetizer
Review category
Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
review #670297

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Applebees? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 31, 2015 #1014257

In the fine print at the bottom, it says "Minimum one Sampler per party." That means you need to purchase a minimum of one sampler in order to get the deal. Nobody likes fine print, but it's there for a reason. Your photo is not as clear as the actual printed paper would be, but I could still read it. If you have poor eyesight, just ask the server what it says. A good server will be happy to help you.
Always assume "free" offers come with a catch. They almost always do, which is why it's so important to read the fine print. You wouldn't sign your name to something without reading the fine print, would you?
Small lettering or not, I think your complaint is invalid.

0 1 Reply

Aug 02, 2015 #1015006

Your assessment is wrong. That means one free sampler per party. No mention of a minimum purchase.

1 0 Reply

Jul 28, 2015 #1013016

Reading comprehension is a challenging thing given the American educational system.

2 1 Reply

Jul 29, 2015 #1013245

Americans in general are "challenged" but in this case, the print is not legible except to maybe someone with bionic eyesight

0 2 Reply

Jul 25, 2015 #1011851

I don't see where it says that on the ad.. course my eyes are 20/20.

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Applebees. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Applebees.
Filing a new complaint about