West Bend, Wisconsin
Featured 100% full Not resolved

I went to the Applebee's in West Bend, Wi yesterday, July 21st.I saw the ad for the free sampler of either the shrimp or the churros.

Great, I thought! Knowing they were smaller than a usually appetizer, I thought I would take advantage of the $3.00 samplers (as it states, up to 5) and try a couple others. What a silly girl, I am! Apparently, there is a rule that you must purchase an appetizer combo at full price in order to take advantage of this deal.

What was I thinking?

I apparently didn't read the invisible print on these ads!Rip-off artists at work again!

Review about: Applebees Combo Meal.

Reason of review: Deceptive ad.

I didn't like: Waitress, Customer service.

Had an Experience with Applebees?

Comments

In the fine print at the bottom, it says "Minimum one Sampler per party." That means you need to purchase a minimum of one sampler in order to get the deal.Nobody likes fine print, but it's there for a reason.

Your photo is not as clear as the actual printed paper would be, but I could still read it. If you have poor eyesight, just ask the server what it says. A good server will be happy to help you.

Always assume "free" offers come with a catch.

They almost always do, which is why it's so important to read the fine print.You wouldn't sign your name to something without reading the fine print, would you?

Small lettering or not, I think your complaint is invalid.

to Anonymous #1015006

Your assessment is wrong. That means one free sampler per party. No mention of a minimum purchase.

Reading comprehension is a challenging thing given the American educational system.

to Anonymous #1013245

Americans in general are "challenged" but in this case, the print is not legible except to maybe someone with bionic eyesight

I don't see where it says that on the ad.. course my eyes are 20/20.