Tucker, Georgia

****HORRIBLE DINING EXPERIENCE***

Related: Applebees - The firing of Chelsea Welsh

I purchased a to-go order from Applebee's at 6608 Tara Blvd., Jonesboro, GA 30236 on 3/25/12. When I opened the box expecting to see Bourbon St. Chicken & Shrimp, I saw disgusting slop!!!! The slop looked like something that a dine-in customer left on their plate as garbage upon leaving the restaurant. That slop should not have ever left the kitchen!!!!

I gave the food back to the restaurant manager and asked for a refund. The manager told me that it was their company's policy not to issue refunds but to allow the customer to select something else from the menu or to issue a gift card to which I responded that her offer was NOT acceptable. I didn't want anything else from the menu and I didn't come there to purchase a gift card! At that point, I wanted nothing else but my money back!

Nowhere on Applebee's website, TV ads, on the restaurant's menu, nor posted in their restaurant is it stated that if you (the customer) are not satisfied, all sales are final and non-refundable.

If you want a wonderful dining experience, DO NOT PATRONIZE APPLEBEE'S #85 in Jonesboro, GA on Tara Blvd or you WILL be EXTREMELY disappointed!!!!

Review about: Food.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Applebees Gift Card
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $21
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Applebees?

Comments

I had the misfortune of working at Applebee's.... the manager was lying to you, she definitely could and should have given you a full refund. She didn't want to because her bonus is tied to the amount she loses through things like refunds...

porshelover

DB1, that no refund is bull. They have to offer it.

kenyad

Good for you DB1!!!You gave the food back then a refund should have been given to you!

I'm glad you pursued the refund.

When a merchant *** you off because of their poor service/product they shouldn't be allowed to benefit from your money.Exercise your right to spend your money elsewhere!

Jedi Knight Ethan

It is obvious that you ate some of the "disgusting slob" got full and wanted a refund because you disliked it.They gave you an option but you acted like a child and wanted things your way.

Did the news team know that you lied and ate part of the order and are just trying to get a free meal?Did they know you behaved childishly and did not take the options they offered or did you "forget" to mention these things.

DB1

***************STATUS UPDATE********************

I contacted Applebee's corporate office about the horrible experience I had with their restaurant. No one there offered a satisfactory resolution. So I then began posting my complaint to several consumer advocate websites and I even contacted the BBB (they were a joke). Again, no resolution.

I finally contacted my local news station to file my complaint with their consumer advocate team. I received a retuned call and satisfaction within 24hrs! Fox 5 News- Call for Action Team got in touch with the appropriate person for Applebee's Operations. I received a voicemail and an email from the VP of Applebee's Operations stating that my refund ($21.40) would be in the mail the next day.

Finally! Resolution! Kudos to Channel 5-Call for Action Team!

I commend the local news' consumer advocates who REALLY fight for consumer's rights.

Don't fall victim to a business who doesn't value you as a customer. You can choose to spend your money ANYWHERE! But a business should be grateful when you select them.

If after turning over your hard earned money, you're not satisfied with the product or service, try to resolve the matter directly with the merchant. If a resolution can't be reached, then I definitely recommend contacting your local news' consumer advocate team for help.

Good Luck!