Our family enjoys going to Applebee's and having dinner together. This one certian time was Sunday night, September 2, 2007, Me, my husband, another couple from our church and their daughter went to eat at Applebee's Resturant in Oak Ridge, Tn.That made a total of 5 at out table. When we were being seated another family from our church came in and they sat in the booth behind us. There was 5 of them. The first waitress came, took our drink orders, 5 min. later she brought them out. They had left the kids drink off, my husband told her and she informed him, she was no longer our waitress, someone else would be there shortly. That was okay untill another waitress came,I ask her if she was goning to be our waitress and she said she didn't know, but she would get the kids drink. A few min. later a young waiter brought the kids drink. After 20 min. the first waitress came to take our orders, we waited and finally when the food was brought out hardly nothing was right. One was supposed to have been a Steak and
Shrimp dinner, only shrimp was brought out, no steak, the young girl's order was never brought out, We finally got a waitress stopped and asked her about it, they brought it out and it was something totally other than what she ordered. After everyone had finished eating, they finally brought hers out. And it was wrong again.My husband told them to just take the steak and shrimp dinner off and he would just pay for the salad he had eaten, because they had not even turned the steak order in. The manager came over and told us he was sorry and he wished he could fix
him something else to eat, He told him he would just get a dessert instead, the manager said okay.The manager also had the get the young girl's dinner for the 2nd.time. We were never offered any refills on our drinks. We had to run a waitress down just to get water. And the orders were never right. Finally the dessert was ordered, which was from the manager, and another dessert was order also. 25 min. passed, no desserts. The table behind us was wanting to order desserts too, but by the time they were asked if they wanted any, they were fed up too. Finally the desserts were brought out, we told them we needed to go we had already been there over an hour and hardly anything was right. And the resturant was not that busy.The waitress got upset, we told her we wanted our tickets so we could just pay and go. Different waitress came and gave our tickets . But on the total they had charged each of us gratuity tip from both tables. And we were not together, just because we knew each other, they must have thought we were together. This is the Worst service I have ever experienced at Applebee's. We will probaby never go back to Applebee's or, that one anyway, ever again.The waitresses were so rude and acted like we were just supposed to wait for them to decide to do whatever, the manager came to our table 3 times, but did not help the service in any way. Why does such a well known resturant have such unskilled people working for them? Sorry to say no tips were left this night, our tip is for them to do a better job and then tips will be gladly given. There are more things that made this visit a mightmare, but too many too remember. We just know that they lost
some customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Applebees Waiter.

Comments

I am a post customer who received such bad service that I will never set foot in another Applebee's. You must employ people no one else will touch.

Three different people did not do their job the day I took my family there. An hour and still no food at all, not even our salads! Shame on you. We had hungry kids.

Ended up at taco bell! Never again!!

Your service is very bad, no one seemed to care, not even the manager.

I had almost the same thing happen at one in Texas. The person sitting us did not get a high chair though we asked, had to hunt it down ourselves.

Drinks took twenty three minutes and dinner still had not come when we talked to manager, he said he would go see and after seven minutes he did not come back, we five left.

I will never eat here again. Horrible service.

Applebees sucks, everyone has a right to voice what was wrong, all you people being haters are disgruntled applebees employees who think their *** doesnt stink.

Apparently Sam and the person who wrote this letter are the same person and were fired from Applebee's and are making false complaints. Does that sound silly Sam, well it is just as silly as your assuming that John works at Applebees because of his comment.

chad

Reason why they do not service water is because they are very afreight Customer will find out their very dirty glasses has never been washed out that why they service soda is because they are darker colored and water is clear colored that they are hide things from public!!!!!

ASSCLOWNS

#112075

WHAT U WENT THROW WAS NOT RIGHT. SEE IAM A COOK FOR APPLE BEE NOT THAT ONE AND THAT WAS UNCOOL OF OF THE PEPOLE THAT WORK THERE TO BE LIKE THAT AND FOR THE MANAGER U ARE A AH*** U WENT TO THE TABLE THAT MANYTIMES U SHOULD HAVE PAY FOR THERE FOOD THAT IS THE RIGHT THING TOO DO .

John, why are you being such an ***??? Apparently you are an Applebee's employee.

If all Applebee employees have your attitude and I'm sure they don't, then they would be out of busines quick. Also Sharon Cageley never said that they ordered water to drink, she said they didn't get their drinks and had to run the waitress down to just get some water! But even if they did order water, so what? That's their choice!

Drinks are a rip off in restaurants anyway. Just need an attitude adjustment pal.

YOU KNOW WHAT THEY LOST; A BUNCH OF WATER DRINKING CHEAP SKATES. EAT AN EXTRA CRACKER AT CHURCH AND STAY OUT OF RESTAURANTS. WE DON'T WANT YOU ANYWAYS

Applebees sucks major asss. This was decent chain at one time but the food and service has gone to shiit. I will never eat at another one again and I discourage everyone else from eating there.

Applebees Reviews