Hartford, Connecticut

I am 79 years old..and look it.

ordering a beer..was asked for id...they told me : new company policy !!!

totally absurd.

what is this country coming to?

do I look under 21?

if they cant judge that....?? without carding every one?

are applebee employees trained to detect forged or fake id's ?

*** lawyers and dumb rules

last time I go to applebees !!!!

hope they go down the tubes.

I am 79 years old..and look it.

ordering a beer..was asked for id...they told me : new company policy !!!

totally absurd.

what is this country coming to?

do I look under 21?

if they cant judge that....?? without carding every one?

*** lawyers and dumb rules

last time I go to applebees !!!!

hope they go down the tubes.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Next time, may I suggest bringing your own bottles of beer in your purse or bag with you when you go to eat at Applebees?

Deshan

I as well got carded and since i was visiting some family in jersey, i had my PA license and they said that my ID doesnt pass their tests. Complete *** I went in for a beer and was denied service because my PA ID didnt match the same as a NJ ID. Absolute ***

I am sorry you were annoyed- offended- or possibilly just having a bad day regurdless of what you were asked, but the server asking for your ID.... IS A STATE LAW!!!

Not an Applebee's idea!! If the server didn't ask for it, and you were an employee of the ABC dept., health dept., undercover law enforcement officer, among many other people you could possibly be, he/she would lose their job; lose their ABC license, which he/she must have to obtain employment in any facility that serves alcohol by the drink; the server would be placed on state probation, and have at least 5k in fines. Then for the store itself, it would lose the liquor license for the week, IF it was the first time, second time, it's a year. The server is only doing what he/she is suppose to do and also protecting their personal employment!

If you believe for one minute the sever, first of all, enjoys asking for the ID, 2nd-taking the time to inspect the ID, 3rd- ringing not only the beverage, but your entire DOB, before he/she gets to fetch you the drink!, you are So Very WRONG!!! Everyone that is in the working industry has a job to do, and this my friend, was the server actually doing their job!!! So next time you go into a restaurant and order an alcoholic beverage, and do not get asked for your ID, know that the server IS NOT DOING THEIR JOB,by STATE LAW!!

Thank you!! I hope you have better days to come!

I just went to Applebee's last night, I am 47 years old and certainly look over 21. I was carded and my boyfriend was not.

He said something about me getting carded and the bartender (who was acting as our waiter) said that it wasn't because of my age, he wanted to check for any RESTRICTIONS on the back of my driver's license to see if I was allowed to have a drink. WHAT????!! Apparently, restaurants don't even have to let you in the door if you have alcohol restrictions on your license. Well, I DON'T have any, and I asked him "Why are you checking mine?

Do I look like a drunk?" I obviously hadn't even had anything to drink yet so why was he singling me out? He said corporate was really strict on checking ID's. I find this absolutely ridiculous.

If you're going to do it, check everyone's in the entire party. I won't be going back.

Applebees Reviews