I had my gift card stolen and reported it to the company in December 2011.Someone used it Jan 1, 2012 and they called me on 1/3/2012 to tell me that they could not replace it because it had been used.

Go figure - do you think someone is going to steal it NOT to use it. I explained that I had reported it prior to Jan 1, 2012 - but they said to bad.

So good I am not a fan, they won't be getting my business any more - nor will I buy any more gift cards!Sucks

Review about: Applebees Gift Card.

Had an Experience with Applebees?

Comments

So sad & Pullytype - what planet are you from?You're totally wrong!

Many corporations offer protection against gift cards.

Ever heard of Walmart? Amazon? Home Depot?

Old Navy?The list goes on....

Just had the same experience.Applebees has on its website an 800 number for lost cards.

I attempted to report a loss but was told the corporate offices were closed until after Christmas. In the interim, the cards were used. It's correct that gift cards are like cash...exceptyou should be able to cancel a stolen card before it's used.

Applebees claims to do so but doesn't.Another lost customer

Gift Cards are just like cash.If they're lost they will not be replaced.

That goes for all retailers who offer gift cards.Next time don't lose your gift card.

#402070

You are correct to not buy gift cards, they are just like cash and if lost or stolen, will not be replaced. Not related to Applebees.