Orlando, Florida
6.4K views

I ordered the sirloin dinner, I asked for my steak to be cooked medium, it came out looking extremely rare, and it didn't even look like real steak. I took a ***, and the consistency was not of real steak.

I had a manager take the steak back, only to return it a little more browned, but still rare. I told the manager that it didn't look right, and asked for a new steak. They brought a new "fake steak", as rare as the first one. I took a *** while the manager stayed and asked me how it was, I told him it was still not right, my husband insisted it was ok.

The manager left the table. I asked the waitress for a to go box so I could bring the meat home to look at it, and the "blood: was not even real, I'm not sure what it was.

I have never had such a bad experience at a restaurant, and it something I will not forget. I will never go to Applebee's again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Applebees Manager.

Comments

THAT FAKE STEAK WOULD BE THE PERFECT COMPLIMENT TO THE FAKE NEWS ABOUT DONALD TRUMP AIRING ON THE FOX NEWS CHANNEL. JUST GRAB THEM BY THE FAKE NEWS!

Same thing. I ordered this steak mr, it was real red in the center and tasted odd.

I didn't eat it, but thought I would later. I just had this steak in my toaster oven for 15 minutes. It looks exactly the same color.

It is some kind of pressed steak compound. It even looks like it.

Same thing happened to me today deafly not real steak totally gross almost threw up as flashy weird texture have no idea what it even was what kind of meat the taste was horrible I deafly take it to lab to have a test in

I had to Google this due to having a similar experience. I asked for a replacement and both taste like v rubber not juice info site . I'm use to steak being juicy and flavorful this v sted taste v worst than a cardboard cheese steak.

Meat glue is seriously weird!On my first visit to Chili's in 2003, I was served my first and (thankfully) last fake steak at the Chili's in Mililani, HI. It was supposed to have been a sirloin.

The shape of it looked artificial. It seemed perfectly browned/grilled on the outside but the inside was uniformly pink all the way through to the edges. It had a texture like some kind of very finely minced, molded, canned meat - like a Spam steak, only it was made of what seemed like beef and it tasted like some kind of processed beef product. I've visited 3 other locations and although I never ordered another steak from them, they were all bad experiences...

but that's another story.As for Applebee's, the steaks were always definitely real. I've only been to one particular location (Bristol, TN). I haven't ordered steak there in the last 8 years or so since I no longer eat steaks these days.

Makes me curious if things have changed there... I just hope my description above helps anyone in identifying a fake steak.

@Porkly

Wow, that's absolutely not how I formatted my comment. What happened?!

It's missing line breaks and spaces before periods and inserted breaks where none should be. How wild!

@Porkly

It did it again! This must not like my Android tablet lol...

You had a "meat glue" steak [Googlemeat glue] which is scrap ends of beef formed together and this glue bonds the meat as well and tenderizes/ breaks down the fibers, after a few hours all the scrap pieces are now one giant "steak"

Yea Applebee's uses some form of baked steak or "fake" bs in there steaks .. never will eat there again .. I also used to work there and is by far the dirtiest place in the kitchen with a bunch of {{Redacted}} addicts cooking your food

This same thing happened to me today at Texas Roadhouse. I got a sirloin and it was for sure formed steak!

No matter how you cut it you got the same texture. Almost like boiled hamburger meat.

Had same experience in Colorado !!

@Anonymous

Same thing west virginia.

I am not sure but i had this problem at Chili's with my wife. I think they are using a method a lot now where they prepare them by boiling in plastic pouches which if done right can be good.

But if not or done twice it could be causing this. Rubbery. I used to get steak at Coco's also and suddenly one day it was rubbery.

I think it will depend on the chef and how they handle the steak cooking. But the texture being rubbery even if a little, even if tender, just seems strange.

#1319498
@Anonymous

cooking method described here sousvide.

I just had a very similar experience at Chilies. Don't know what it REALLY was...pork steak maybe, but I ordered ribeye and I did NOT get that for sure

I agree with the formed meat product. It was not like a sirloin we have ever seen!!

New Steaks coming soon

#1120040

Methinks you're just odd. Your husband sounds as if he's just putting up with you until the paperwork gets filed.

The steak really is fake ,,, does not taste or look like any steak I ever ate ! Horrible !!!!

@Anonymous

agreed ...it is not steak. not the conssistency or the taste. So odd