5.2K views 64 comments

I ordered the sirloin dinner, I asked for my steak to be cooked medium, it came out looking extremely rare, and it didn't even look like real steak.I took a ***, and the consistency was not of real steak.

I had a manager take the steak back, only to return it a little more browned, but still rare. I told the manager that it didn't look right, and asked for a new steak. They brought a new "fake steak", as rare as the first one. I took a *** while the manager stayed and asked me how it was, I told him it was still not right, my husband insisted it was ok.

The manager left the table. I asked the waitress for a to go box so I could bring the meat home to look at it, and the "blood: was not even real, I'm not sure what it was.

I have never had such a bad experience at a restaurant, and it something I will not forget.I will never go to Applebee's again.

Review about: Sirloin Steak.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Applebees Manager
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $10
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Applebees?

Comments

Littleton, Colorado, United States #1189328

Had same experience in Colorado !!

I am not sure but i had this problem at Chili's with my wife.I think they are using a method a lot now where they prepare them by boiling in plastic pouches which if done right can be good.

But if not or done twice it could be causing this. Rubbery. I used to get steak at Coco's also and suddenly one day it was rubbery.

I think it will depend on the chef and how they handle the steak cooking.But the texture being rubbery even if a little, even if tender, just seems strange.

to Anonymous #1319498

cooking method described here sousvide.

I just had a very similar experience at Chilies. Don't know what it REALLY was...pork steak maybe, but I ordered ribeye and I did NOT get that for sure

I agree with the formed meat product. It was not like a sirloin we have ever seen!!

New Steaks coming soon

#1120040

Methinks you're just odd. Your husband sounds as if he's just putting up with you until the paperwork gets filed.

The steak really is fake ,,, does not taste or look like any steak I ever ate ! Horrible !!!!

to Anonymous #1123582

agreed ...it is not steak. not the conssistency or the taste. So odd

My wife and I went to Applebees tonight in Epping NH.We've eaten there many times.

Tonight she ordered the steak medium. It came slightly brown, gray inside, and the texture of a soft pencil eraser. The consistency was like formed meat in a mold.

There was no grain to it like real steak.Don't order this stuff...its not steak!