I VISITED APPLES BEES WITH 3 OTHER PEOPLE ON JANUARY 12TH 2013, ABOUT 7PM. I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE SERVICE AND THE MANAGER ON DUTY.

I WAS SENT A TOTAL OF 7 COUPOUNS WITH THE VALUE OF 5 DOLLARS OFF. THE SERVER SERVED ME SOME CHICKEN ALFREDO, PICKED THE HOT SAUCER UP WITH A NAPKIN AND HANDED IT OVER TO ME. THIS IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. ONCE SHE HANDED IT OVER TO ME, IT SLID FROM THE NAPKIN CAUSING ME TO GET BURNED BY THE HOT SAUCE.

THE MANAGER THEN CAME OVER WITH SOME BURN CREAM AND A BAG OF ICE. DID NOT FILE A REPORT ABOUT THE INJURY AND I STILL PAYED FULL PRICE. I STILL HAVE THE SCAR TO PROVE IT. THE WAY THEY HANDLE THE SITUATION IS VERY UNACCEPTABLE AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

I HAVE DOCTOR PROOF,I WENT TO MAY DOCOTOR ON MONDAY, WHICH WAS JANUARY 14TH 2013.

MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I GO BY HANDLING THIS SITUATION, DO I LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS OR SHOULD I TAKE MATTERS IN TO MY OWN HANDS, BUT PROCEEDING TO COURT. I AN VERY UNHAPPY.

Review about: Applebees Manager.

Comments

You are right this is unprofessional, instead of handing the hot sauce plate to you she should have handed it to your parents because clearly a seven year old like yourself is not capable of knowing it could be hot and that you should be careful. Why sue for your being careless, or because your parents did not supervise you while handling the hot plate. You got coupons what else do you want for your own carelessness?

The burn photo is from 2008! Yet, you claiming this in 2013.

Since this is 2014, I think you realize by now that court was not option for you. Nice try.

to Anonymous Chicago, Illinois, United States #877775

Your comment is irrelevant and so is you. Nice try. *** ***.

As a waitstaff, I have never and would never, reach across anyone with a hot plate, sauce, or even a glass of water. Yu serve from one side only and NEVER reach across anyone, at anytime.

That person was not a professional and I would have them pay your Dr bill as well as go in and get a written statement from the manager on duty and report it to corporate. Training is essential.

to Ky G #877471

Look at it this is a lie, the picture is not even of herself, it was later revealed she took it off the internet and claimed it was her hand in hopes they would give her money to avoid going to court, but the date in the picture is a dead giveaway and is what made her get caught in her scam. Hopefully you would check the situation before making someone innocent pay "doctor fees" when the customer is committing fraud.

to Anonymous Chicago, Illinois, United States #877698

Get up life you *** ***. You should get your facts straight before commenting.

to selfmade #877708

I think you should get your facts straight, it was later revealed that this person got a picture off of the internet and claimed it was her own hand. Have mommy read all the replies to you so you understand the issue because you are obviously seven years old and don't understand what you read.

to selfmade Chicago, Illinois, United States #877709

This wasn't fraud. You *** *** how.

You are a non factor and you do not serve a purpose. Who give u the right to judge a situation. You wasn't there and you is not God. How be low standards are u.

Fraud..you most be a Fraudulent. *** *** human.

to Anonymous Chicago, Illinois, United States #877751

I paid my own fees. You is such a *** face.

Its clear that you are a loser with no class. *** bag. Your comment is a scam and you is a *** bag, *** of a person.

Lol..lol....you inconsiderate living being. If you couldn't say anything nice, why comment at all?

to Ky G Chicago, Illinois, United States #877712

I agree.....finally some positive. ....thank you for your positivity

Since you declined to file a report your complaint isn't valid. The server made a mistake, get over it, I'm sure you have made mistakes before. Clearly the staff involved were sorry and showed compassion don't punish them after the fact.

to the one Chicago, Illinois, United States #877706

Sure...but she is jobless now. I never harmed any one.

So that was not acceptable. You wasn't there so your comment is irrelevant.

Athol, Massachusetts, United States #663066

Also, you got $35 worth of comps, the manager handled the situation by getting you burn cream (yes, he should have filed a report), and you probably ate the freakin' dish, so chalk it up to human error, move on, and *** your cap lock.

to JoeBoo #663093

Hmmmm, only one person constantly complains about caps lock on this site, and it sure ain't JoeBoo.

Do you want to level about who you are or just continue to believe that you have everyone on here fooled?

to JoeBoo Chicago, Illinois, United States #877701

You is such a coward. You *** ***.

The food wasn't the problem, the waiter was. That's why she is fired.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #634038

To me the burn doesn't look that serious. I wouldn't have bothered going to the doctor for it.

The mark will fade in time, sure you might end up with a light scar, but that isn't a big deal. It could have been a lot worse than it looks. I agree maybe your meal should have been free, but it is over and done with. It isn't like your burn was completely ignored.

Now the fact that you used all caps, means that you are shouting at us, not that you are angry at Applebees(it is all one word.) How was what the server did very unprofessional? If you mean the server should have set it on the table instead of handing it to you, are you sure there was room to set it on the table? Another thing, the sauce was in your hands when the accident happened, so stop and think, exactly whose fault was the accident? I think before you go around talking about being unprofessional, you better improve your spelling, etc.

You say that you have doctor proof, shouldn't it be doctor's proof. If the burn was as serious as you make it sound, you should have went to the ER, instead of waiting two days to go to your doctor. Also you doctor doesn't know how the burn happened, all he/she knows is what you told them. For all they know it COULD have happened at home.

It seems strange to me that hot sauce spilling on you would leave a mark like that instead of more like a splatter type mark. The mark you show on the picture looks more like you leaned your arm against something hot. My daughter has a scar like that on one of her arms that she got reaching into an oven in the fast food place where she works. She bumped it on the edge of the side of the oven.

Then you want to know how you should go by handling this----do you by any chance mean go about handling this? Then you want to know should you take matters into your own hands, but proceeding to court. Shouldn't it be by proceeding to court? You are very unhappy, there are a lot worse things to be unhappy about, it's time to grow up.

If you were even contemplating a lawsuit, you should have went to the emergency room immediately. But for that little mark, you would be laughed at in court.

to anonymous Chicago, Illinois, United States #877704

Thank you. I didn't reset my carmera to the correct day, but getting money wasn't my option.

I have money. I just didn't think that she was professionally trained.