2810 Alexandria Pike, Highland Heights, KY 41076, USA

Arrived at Applebees Restaurant in Highland Heights, KY at 8:15 PM on Saturday evening 2/4/2017. Send my daughter in to check the wait time, she came out the tell us 20 minutes which was fine.

We got my wife into her wheelchair and went into the restaurant. A gentleman name Bob looked down at my wife in the wheelchair and said "we have a 45 minute wait". I ask what happen to the 20 minutes we were told and the couple just in front of us was told. Bob repeated it will be 45 minutes.

I ask Bob if I could borrow a pen, he put his hand over his pocket and ask what for, I said to write down your and the hostesses name. He said no but I'll get you a manager. While waiting for the manager three young men came in and hostess Maydsen told them the wait was 20 to 30 minutes. Manager Christa came out and the situation was explained to her.

She didn't deny that a handicapped person wasn't given a longer wait or that Bob was wrong in anyway. We promptly left the restaurant.

Product or Service Mentioned: Applebees Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Applebees Cons: Staff attitude toward a handicapped person.

Comments

Is it possible the wait for you and your party was said to be longer because there are only certain areas in the restaurant that can accommodate a wheelchair? You wouldn't be able to be seated at a booth or at the bar.

@Anonymous

Having worked at an Applebee's, I am 100 percent certain that is what happened. There are some tables and booths where it would be a fire hazard to place a wheelchair.

That or it would not even fit/would be blocking patrons/servers from moving about.

To me, it's common sense to realize this. The wait time changed because when they saw the wheelchair, they realize it was going to take longer to free up the area(s) where they knew they could seat the complainer and his party.

Applebees Reviews