Johnel Ouj
map-marker Louisville, Kentucky

Waitress act like they have attitude

Waitress at the bar act like she have attitude I didn't spend my money for that don't take no attitude don't take no attitude
Taylor M Xmi

| map-marker Princeton, West Virginia

Complaint on my food - Princeton WV

Applebees - Complaint on my food - Princeton WV
Applebees - Complaint on my food - Princeton WV - Image 2
I ordered take out from the Princeton WV location tonight and have never been so disappointed in my life. When I get my food its nasty looking and cold. The beef on top of my nachos was dried up and hard. My entire meal was ice cold. I wouldnt even eat it let alone feed it to anyone. I tried pulling a chip apart and could pick the entire thing up as a whole. I took pictures of it !!

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t order take away

Guest

Chef Mike in charge there (microwave oven). Revolting offering.

John l Ufx

| map-marker Vallejo, California

Employee Complaint

Applebees - Employee Complaint

I have been an employee at your vallejo store *Applebee's VALLEJO 1041 Admiral Callaghan Lane* for moving to six months now. I am here to address an issue to hopefully someone that will make my workplace more comfortable.

Two months working as a host at your restaurant a coworker named Dylan Fajardo began being flirtations' and attempting to be physical with me at your store. Dylan Fajardo knows I have a loving partner, even so he continued to pursue, pushing me around at work and attempting to trip me on purpose MULTIPLE times. Another example of his unacceptable actions would be, me at my host stand doing my duties, Dylan Fajardo coming over returning menus, while doing so he would rest his hand on my shoulder and whisper things such as "here you go" into my ear. Pushing this disgusting behavior even more he confessed to liking me through via text message saying:

"I'm just gonna come out and say this & when I say this I understand that you have a girl but I'm feeling you & I like you *heart emoji*."

I spoke to your head manager of the Vallejo Applebees store, nothing was done to make my Applebees a safer and comfortable place.

I talked to them three months ago and still nothing, it makes me sick and disturbed, he still makes me uncomfortable working there. Dylan Fajardo has made Applebee's an extremely displeasing restaurant to work at.

I want Dylan Fajardo discharged. If proof is needed for the conversation that can be provided.

Cons:
  • Employees believing something negative

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Expect better.

Megan G Wpz

| map-marker Monroeville, Pennsylvania

Never refunded for food they didn’t give me

Applebees - Never refunded for food they didn’t give me
Applebees - Never refunded for food they didn’t give me - Image 2

I ate in at Applebees in Monroeville, PA sometime in the summer. I also ordered 2 queso dips to go and another meal for my son.

I assumed the dips were in there since the chips were in the bag, but when I got back to my sisters and went to get one of the dips that was for her, I realized they only gave chips and no dips. I immediately called and talked to a manager and she took my information and said she would mail me a giftcard which I was fine with. When I went to order Applebees about a month in a half later at another Applebees in the area, I remembered I never received a giftcard. I called while I was in the parking lot and spoke to another manager who took my information again and told me she had to check to see if they mailed the giftcard and would call me back I said they didnt mail it..

obviously. I didnt like the way she spoke to me or handled the situation. Of course I never received a gift card or a call back. I then sent an email on December 30 and got an automated message back saying they would get back to me in 3-5 day which they did not.

I called the 1800 number a few weeks later and spoke with a nice rep that said she would escalate it and I would receive a call back in the next day or two. I finally got a call back from not the corporate, but the manager from the Applebees that originally ripped me off. He was nice and assured me that I would get a gift card and he gave me the option to pick it up( its about a 30 minute drive) or I he would mail it and was writing my address on an envelope as we were speaking. I said he could just mail it and about a week and a half later, I got the most insulting letter from the kitchen manager and a gift card for UP TO..

$10!!!

After everything I had to do to get my refund for something I paid for and didnt receive, I get a portion of my money back in the form of a gift card!! I paid over $15 and they gave me back up to $10 with a letter saying most customers wouldnt bother to call and complain.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good food sometimes
Cons:
  • Terrible customer service

User's recommendation: *** Applebees

Guest

Your downfall was your nasty mouth in the parking lot when the manager was going to check and call back. You couldn’t resist and had to add, it wasn’t mailed obviously.

You were never getting a call after that. You should just stay away as the could care less if you ever return.

nora Ola

| map-marker Munster, Indiana

Poor customer services

Applebees - Poor customer services
Applebees - Poor customer services - Image 2
Applebees - Poor customer services - Image 3
Applebees - Poor customer services - Image 4
Applebees - Poor customer services - Image 5
Went to applebees in Munster Indiana, the wait was over an hr with half the dining room empty. Was told they were short staffed. The manager not helpful with her staff at least help clean the tables for them while theyre running around. The bathrooms were filthy and when we asked for a container to go we were told they didnt have any and was handed a piece of foil paper for mashed potatoes,broccoli and a steak. I will never ever go there again!!! The waitress was nice
Pros:
  • Some good employees
Cons:
  • Costumer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Dont waste your time

Resolved
Gloria M Gcq

| map-marker Normal, Illinois

Resolved: Complaint

Applebees - Complaint
Updated by user Feb 12, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. First of all thank you for your help.

The manager called and apologized and sent me two $25 gifts certificates. Which I think was kind of cheesy, because between me and my friend we spent over $100.

so it’s better than nothing, yet I’m kind of disappointed. It makes me wanna go to a different Applebee’s and not the one here in town but unfortunately I don’t have a car so I’ll just let the gift certificate sit for a while.

Original review Feb 05, 2024
We have several complaints with our visit to your Applebees neighborhood at 502 N. Veterans Parkway in Bloomington Illinois at 2:59 PM First of all, we want to compliment our first waitress, Brittany.

Brittany was very attentive, when our drinks were slow, she refilled them. She kept asking if we needed anything she was amazing. We were sad to see her leave because her shift was over.
Thats when everything went downhill, after she left, we could not get any service my friend used her cell phone to call the restaurant to ask for somebody to come and take care of us now mind you we spent over $100 today between two people to eat. And I know that usually not a lot for some people but when youre both retired , and Im physically handicapped every penny we spend means a lot to us, not to you, because you make good money but to us thats a lot of money

We could not get any help. She had a call twice for someone to come and take care of us so we could put in our to go orders.
2. To back it up a little bit my friends steak for 8 ounces sirloin and her mashed potatoes were cold. I ordered a dish of ice cream and by the time I got it, it was almost melted.

She ordered a brownie bite and that thing was so small, and the ice cream was almost melted that it was not worth $2.99. For the appetizers I wanted barbecue wings and onion rings instead of french fries, which I wanted to take home. But the person had his own agenda because I got hot wings, which makes my stomach really sick, so Im gonna throw away thats the wings. I got two orders of french fries.

No onion rings. The ribs were as hard as a hockey puck . My friend ordered her roommate pretzels with cheese. There was no cheese just pretzels.

She also ordered her a hamburger and the hamburger hardly had anything on it.
I dont know why we had such a bad experience at Applebees when usually werent satisfied. When Brittany was taking care of us it was great. We got refills , we were able to tell her what we wanted when we had something missing from our food, and my friend didnt mention her cold food because Brittany was very nice. It wasnt her fault, so why should we mention to her that the food was cold?
When we are customers, we do expect service.

I dont know if it was because there werent a lot of workers and it was getting busy or why but when my friend has to use her phone to call the restaurant so we can get some service is really sad.
Check number 893197****. The date was 02/05/23.

The time was 2:59 PM at 502 N. Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61704 TB# 84

User's recommendation: If Brittany is there, you will be well taken care of. If she’s not there, go somewhere else.

Sheena B Zfk

| map-marker Edgewood, Pennsylvania

Ripped off

Applebees - Ripped off
Applebees - Ripped off - Image 2
Waitress was stealing our change until we called her on it! Her response I didnt have any change! So she just kept my change from my money!!! Not cool that is theft to me! She could have came over and said do you have change so I can give you your dollar! Instead she just thought it was ok to walk away with my change! The manger did not make it better! She says well maybe she didnt understand!! Really she probably has been doing this all night! And every time she works!!! Not good in my eyes! I will never return to this Applebees again! Edgewood town Center , Pitts Pa !! Horrible!!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Theft by deception

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: CHECK YOUR RECIEPTS BEFORE YOU PAY AND AFTER!

Shamariah Y
map-marker Butler Township, Pennsylvania

They're unprofessional at 500 Butler crossing butler, pa16001

Applebees - They're unprofessional at 500 Butler crossing butler, pa16001
Applebees - They're unprofessional at 500 Butler crossing butler, pa16001 - Image 2
Applebees - They're unprofessional at 500 Butler crossing butler, pa16001 - Image 3

Several times this restaurant has messed up my order located at 500 Butler crossing butler, pa16001. I ordered online through doordash, night before last which was the last delivery their food made me vomit literally. I order always the two for $25 deal, this time they put mushrooms on my food, and it made me vomit.

So I reordered again without the mushrooms, the woman Alexandria that's *** always on my receipt ran to get her manager, when I did not even ask for a manager. All I ask for her to do was to just remove the mushrooms.

As I always screenshot my order when I'm ordering it online I know that I didn't order any mushrooms. So she's causing allergic reactions to me as a customer jeopardizing my health.

Finally I get the manager on the phone his name is Gavin as he says,then he says that his name is Devin, if shamariah (the customer)I call back he's going to call the police on me.

My last order Alexandria had the nerve to tell off her name off the receipt.

Please tell me what type of establishment are you guys running?

Guest

I worked at Applebee's briefly when I was in college. It is not a nice place to eat at or work at. Order from anywhere else.

David C Rnl

False advertising

Applebees - False advertising
So i ordered the shrimp parmesan sirloin meal with fries instead of mashed potatoes. The steak in the pic fills fully half the plate. What i got was literally the suze of the palm of my ha d, and i am not a big man. When i compmai ed to management he said "well, it is 8 oz", and a shrug. I walked out the door and I will never be going to applebees again.

Preferred solution: A free meal delivered to my house.

User's recommendation: Dont waste your money on overpriced food that is only fair and bare.

Storm B Pij

| map-marker Tupelo, Mississippi

Service

Applebees - Service

The person I believe to be the manager was very involved unlike any other manager I see. Usually just walking around.

This one was doing more than his fair share. Hostess had a bubbly personality and so apologetic when there was no need to be. We were happy to wait. Then we come to the server.

Subpar. She charged us incorrectly and missed out an appetizer. We wanted the 2/$31. So not only did we not receive the appetizer we were charged more than we should have been for her negligence.

Was brought to her attention. She said she'd bring the appetizer (never did) and adjust the check (never did). Anytime we needed anything we had to get up and try and find her or ask someone else. 3 kids and no napkins.

She was nowhere to be found so another server to the rescue. 10 people and 6 sets of silverware in which when we asked she brought two additional. Another server brought the others after having to get up AGAIN. Refills?

Forget about that. That was nonexistent. To go box because we were there for almost three hours (!!!) and the children were getting restless. Manager brought those in which once again we had to get up and find someone.

Horrible experience overall. For $178 check we expected better. Unfortunately we tip regardless which brought the bill well over $200.

Definitely didn't deserve a tip. After we left we talked amongst ourselves and agreed we should have divided it up between the servers that did actually help us out.

Server name: Cheyenne

Loss:

Preferred solution: Price reduction, full refund, apology

Guest

You needed to speak with the “very involved” manager at the time. Not come here after and complain and want a full refund.

Jean L Ued

| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Bad service

Applebees - Bad service
Applebees - Bad service - Image 2
Original review Feb 06, 2024
the waitress was terrible, she had maybe 2 or 3 tables. she kept disappearing for long periods of time. she wrote everything down and still messed up my daughters order. the drink I ordered came at the very end of the meal, I paid for a drink that I never drank. I can keep going, but there is not enough character space in the world. REALLY BAD SERVICE
Pros:
  • Food can be really good
Cons:
  • Service was awful
  • And hard chicken

Preferred solution: something, just not being ignored

User's recommendation: go to the Applebee's in Bensalem, might be further away but the servers are better

Kurt W Tpk

| map-marker West Palm Beach, Florida

Applebees Date Night Pass

Applebees Date Night Pass
Applebees Date Night Pass - Image 2
Original review Jan 22, 2024

I would like to express my not so nice experiance with one of your promotions that just took place at 12PM Eastern Time today 1-22-2024. Last week I was taken by an ad you had about a special you were running.

It's called Applebees Date Night Pass. I was excited to purchase one. I read the rules and even the fact that it was first come first serve. I was by my computer to purchase one and also my brother in Michigan was also interested to buy one and also by his computer to purchase one when the time opened up at 12PM today.

The experiance of trying to get one was very dissapointing. First off we got a message that the servers were busy which I can understand but after trying a minute in half trying I could then get access and clicked on "get the deal". Once the 2nd page came up it said the deal was "sold out". It sold out in less than 2 minutes.

If you sold out in less that 2 minutes I hardly agree that this should even should be an advertised deal as only .001 percent of the poeple can actually get one. This is like an indian giver. Honestly I feel you should not even adverise anything like this. Essentially its pretty impossible for anyone to actually get.

It should be advertised like a lottery and not a item that anyone could actually expect to buy.

This makes me not want to visit applebees anymore. Is this promotion going to be avalaible again or is this deal actually all done in less that 2 minutes?

Pros:
  • Food selections are nice
Cons:
  • Way they advertise to comsumers

Preferred solution: To be able to purchase this the Date NIght Deal

Guest

I need to unlink my dog from somebody else's account and my email and get a second caller for my new dog

Marisol M Qtp

| map-marker Sacramento, California

Terrible experience never again will I recommend my family to go here

Original review Feb 26, 2024

Hi I took my family out for dinner at 7pm at the Applebees location in Sacramento in 2024 Arden way Sacramento cal we were waiting for over 1 and half just to be seated not only that they only had 1 server helping us we got sitted at 8:30pm she came by so rude and mad like if she didnt want to serve us not to mention your manager at that location spilled all my 4 drinks on my son this is beyond ridiculously his sweater and him is sticky and wet and dirty this is beyond unacceptable my son didnt go their to get all kinds of drinks spilled on him and my grandbaby next to him I demand my refund back ! horrible service food was disgusting salty and the meat was raw when I specifically said to make it well done because my stomach is very sensitive not only that some food was given to us after 30 minutes when half of us had finished already plus the server helping us was rude she was getting rude and had a loud mouth with my husband so unprofessional we asked to speak with the manager and all she did was look at the food and say ok Ill look into it and walked away so rude the service their is horrible along with the food is disgusting my daughters broccoli was so salty and nasty I told the server and she said well thats how we make it so I cant do anything about it I was shocked how all my family was treated.

Today this experience I will never forget.

and didnt even offer no straws or napkins or sauce or anything no extra plates for appetizers or refills it was a horrible experience since we got their we didnt leave because my little kids were happy to eat here but it was the most humiliated and rude experience I have ever put my family up against specially with the manager and server she had a horrible attitude at my husband in front of my whole family so disrespectful her name was Christine we were table 23 time we checked out was at 9:48pm the worst people you have working at night or because we were Latinos they treated us like garbage in the other table they had white race and they treated them very well attending their table all the time and getting well served food and refills and food on time and sauces of all kind and only us but only us we were treated horrible I do demand my refund back I or my family didnt deserve to be treated this way I have proof of the sodas being spilled at my son and his sweater being soaked wet because they were all in a hurry basically throwing the drinks at us and dinner plates with wrong food and incomplete food and nasty salty taste and the server and manager had rude attitudes not to mention getting a attitude with my husband while my husband was explaining what was wrong with all the order it was a totaled mess up with order food and service we as a party of 10 are demanding a refund why because not to mention it was very expensive and the service was horrible unprofessional we didnt even eat the food we ended up leaving food and going home very disappointed this was a celebration dinner date as a family but thanks a lot Applebees you completely ruin our dinner . I have attached pictures and proof of receipt

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: It’s a horrible place to eat .

Concerned E Xdm

Stand for Dana Newman

Hello, whom it concerns, We are employee at Applebee's Richmond, Indiana. We came into work last week and found out that our GM was terminated unfairly.

Since she has taken work she created a family environment. Well loved theany changes she made and was making. She work hand to hand with us without excuses. Even after she lost her child last year on the same day that she was used an escape goat because of loss beyond her control, matter of a fact we all heard her and manger matt call our DM and he told her to close because of the water heater and that we could open until it was fixed which we could have had liquid sanitizer and stayed open but ethier it wasn't descion to close and she was hurt that all the employee and company lost those 6 day but immediately after we lost another because of the wrongful termination.

That another issue she could begin to be compared to what Dana brought to our establishment. We all know it was a deflection to save another person job añd she was a fall guy. None of want the store to ever close Especially Dana because we all lose. She took over or store with no experience and did a great job keeping us together and fighting with us during a difficult time.

The place was horrible when she took over and she started making improvements one by one and she came along way she put in around 30 work order when she first took over 4 got approved who's fault was that? Not danas. She remodel almost the entire restaurant that was danas fault.she was always working hard for us. Again not one time did someone come and spend more than two days training her and we all know that because we work with her.

Our food cost was high now and then because she never had training but she was getting better. When the decision to shut down the restaurant can we lost all out the prepped product a lot of our fresh produce , some pulled product but it wasn't her decision to shut down the restaurant and her and Matty was in touch with Josh daily he demanded the closing. By the way how is he still employed. She was just following order.

We had an inspection the same day we reopened of course she not going to do well we were scrambling to open a completely closed store with some product that went bad we had to waste them. Anyway to conclude this she should of had trainers there with her for weeks but she still got better she never was never trained fully and just lost a her baby and was still getting better. That was like doing college math I'm elementary I'm sure to her. She definitely should of have full GM training she was just thrown in to the position.

The inspection we fail a lot of it wasn't her doing it was things she was trying to fix and just had not gotten approval. She got picked apart by the inspector and she lied about glove because we were asking her questions about glove when it came to dirty and clean dishes . We all know to wear glove especially when being inspected. The ice on boxes is because we never got approval for fREZZER CONDENSER ON TOP OF BUILDING TO BE REPLACED IT is ANCIENT.

We would love to have our manager back and for her to have the proper training and a fair chance.

It way to obvious she was a fall person for someone else and that she was never trained proper to be gm she was feed to the wolves and held it together still. Closing the store and all the loss that can with it wasn't her decision and we all know and heard it with our own ears.

None of us think this was write, fair, or just. If we can't make a change and do the right thing by our mission statement, employees and customers who will.

Pray for what's right,

Stand for Dana,

Rmh Applebee's team

Richmond, Indiana store

Preferred solution: Dayna Newman back

Concerned E Xdm

Wow it's sad that they let ppl get ran over. IV seen this before .it take everyone to stand for a cause to have success find justice for unjust termination.

I think the should at least pay a year salary up front and you should get the position you earned.

For someone the hurt your life to save there job is not ok . I you were very unappreciated

reply icon Replying to comment of Concerned E Xdm

You responded to yourself.

View more comments (1)
Susan C Ora

| map-marker Grants Pass, Oregon

From food to service - bad bad bad

Applebees - From food to service - bad bad bad
Applebees - From food to service - bad bad bad - Image 2

The steak I ordered had something that appeared to be a tendon or a muscle - very gross. It couldnt be cut through with a knife and it choked you if you accidentally got a piece of it before you even knew it was there.

So food not edible, staff didnt seem to care, no customer service at all, no attempt at damage control so that they wouldnt lose a paying customer. I was charged full price for my meal plus an additional percentage for using a debit card. I was never asked by my waitress if I needed anything or how the food was. A manager was never seen.

Apparently Applebees doesnt need repeat customers or loyal customers. I wont go to Applebees in Grants pass oregon ever again and I probably wont waste my time at any Applebees again

Cons:
  • Everything stay away

User's recommendation: Don’t go there

sandra s Wuy

| map-marker Conway, South Carolina

Assault and battery while on shift

Applebees - Assault and battery while on shift
Applebees - Assault and battery while on shift - Image 2
Applebees - Assault and battery while on shift - Image 3
Worked at conway sc location and while i was working the two managers on duty allowed a waitress to stay serving while completely intoxicated. After three hours the girl that was drunk (Haley) assaulted the hostess, manager and myself. I suffered a black eye and many bruises because of the incident. The police were called and charges were pressed. Now i am suffering with eye problems from the punch to my temple. Haley did plea guilty and admitted everything i am writing here.

Preferred solution: compensation

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article