Update added by user Aug 05, 2014
I contacted the local newspaper and relayed the story to them and filed a report with the Delaware Food Protection Office (division of the Department of Health). Seeking legal counsel, as well.
Original review posted by user Aug 04, 2014
On July 25, 2014, I went to the Applebee's on Kirkwood Highway, Wilmington, Delaware for a lunch date with my son.I ordered the Bourbon Steak.
When the meal arrived, I started eating the steak, but noticed "fur" stuck to a piece of the meat (I had already eaten about a quarter of the steak). When I lifted up the rest of the steak, there was what appeared to be part of a rodent carcass on the plate!! I took photos and immediately showed our server, who was thoroughly disgusted. The manager, Brad, came out and apologized and couldn't explain what the object was for certain, nor how it got onto my plate...
Our meal was comped, but I got very ill with gastrointestinal problems which was diagnosed as food poisoning. When I spoke to the Applebee's corporate guy, he offered me a $50 Applebee's Gift Card!!!
Are you kidding me???
That's the LAST place I'd ever eat again!!It still makes me nauseus to think of that furry carcass on my plate - and especially that I probably ate part of it!!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Unfresh Steak
- Review category
- Cafes, Restaurants and Bars