Update added by user Aug 05, 2014
I contacted the local newspaper and relayed the story to them and filed a report with the Delaware Food Protection Office (division of the Department of Health). Seeking legal counsel, as well.
Original review posted by user Aug 04, 2014
On July 25, 2014, I went to the Applebee's on Kirkwood Highway, Wilmington, Delaware for a lunch date with my son.I ordered the Bourbon Steak.
When the meal arrived, I started eating the steak, but noticed "fur" stuck to a piece of the meat (I had already eaten about a quarter of the steak). When I lifted up the rest of the steak, there was what appeared to be part of a rodent carcass on the plate!! I took photos and immediately showed our server, who was thoroughly disgusted. The manager, Brad, came out and apologized and couldn't explain what the object was for certain, nor how it got onto my plate...
Our meal was comped, but I got very ill with gastrointestinal problems which was diagnosed as food poisoning. When I spoke to the Applebee's corporate guy, he offered me a $50 Applebee's Gift Card!!!
Are you kidding me???
That's the LAST place I'd ever eat again!!It still makes me nauseus to think of that furry carcass on my plate - and especially that I probably ate part of it!!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Unfresh Steak
- Review category
- Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
You May Also Like
- "Got half eaten pizza! Regular customer, never had issue, till tonight when i got a pozza with seven slices, and two with parm. When i called the store,..."
- "I ordered a tuna sandwich. I got a tablespoon of tuna, some rotted lettuce, 2 paper thin see-thru tomato slices and enough bread to stuff a turkey. Rotten, wilted, old,..."
- "Hi pissedconsumer Team, SUBJECT : CUSTOMERS CHEATED IN PRICE AND QUALITY FOR 8 PIECE TUB CHIKCEN WHEN COMPARED WITH MARRYBROWNINDIA PORTAL PLACE : TIRUNELVELI, TAMIL NADU, INDIA SHOP NAME :..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "I hired Chuck Messina for a divorce. It was a nightmare. He dragged my case forever by creating false problems and giving me false hope. Charles Messina ended up making..."
- "While some trainers who work for BarkBusters may be good trainers, they are the minority. And if your trainer leaves the business as ours did, you are left with a..."
- "I received an email from onstar that I could purchase just the navigation for $100 for one year. I logged in to my account found my way to the "add..."
- "Loved this dresses......exactly what is pictured. Quick responses and the dresses arrived sooner than expected. Will order from again and have recommended to others. Great to work with and..."