Update added by user Aug 05, 2014
I contacted the local newspaper and relayed the story to them and filed a report with the Delaware Food Protection Office (division of the Department of Health). Seeking legal counsel, as well.
Original review posted by user Aug 04, 2014
On July 25, 2014, I went to the Applebee's on Kirkwood Highway, Wilmington, Delaware for a lunch date with my son.I ordered the Bourbon Steak.
When the meal arrived, I started eating the steak, but noticed "fur" stuck to a piece of the meat (I had already eaten about a quarter of the steak). When I lifted up the rest of the steak, there was what appeared to be part of a rodent carcass on the plate!! I took photos and immediately showed our server, who was thoroughly disgusted. The manager, Brad, came out and apologized and couldn't explain what the object was for certain, nor how it got onto my plate...
Our meal was comped, but I got very ill with gastrointestinal problems which was diagnosed as food poisoning. When I spoke to the Applebee's corporate guy, he offered me a $50 Applebee's Gift Card!!!
Are you kidding me???
That's the LAST place I'd ever eat again!!It still makes me nauseus to think of that furry carcass on my plate - and especially that I probably ate part of it!!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Unfresh Steak
- Review category
- Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
You May Also Like
- "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN AT DENNYS 1:12 am asked for a lot of cream & sugar was told sugars there, no name tag, hair up in bun, skinny white female,..."
- "I will never never ever use Pizza Hut in Monticello ever again. The pizza I ordered was wrong (pepperoni when you order cheese only) and you could not get the..."
- "Hi pissedconsumer Team, SUBJECT : CUSTOMERS CHEATED IN PRICE AND QUALITY FOR 8 PIECE TUB CHIKCEN WHEN COMPARED WITH MARRYBROWNINDIA PORTAL PLACE : TIRUNELVELI, TAMIL NADU, INDIA SHOP NAME :..."
- "I went into your store located at Harmony Salad Works in Delaware about 4pm right after work to grab myself a salad and had to wait 15-20 minutes for anyone..."
- "While some trainers who work for BarkBusters may be good trainers, they are the minority. And if your trainer leaves the business as ours did, you are left with a..."
- "Alright, I am a bright college graduate that got stuck in a small rural town taking care of my ill mother for the time being and "quick applied" on Career..."
- "I purchased a dining room set from Bad boy, and requested delivery and set up after hours. They sold me the dining room set and delivered on time, however, the..."
- "Avoid this "storage bed" which lacks storage - Junk! This was one of the most disappointing furniture purchases we ever made. From the pictures and the descriptions, we expected a..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."