Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
3.0

On Saturday, Sept. 19th we were at an Applebees in LaPlata, MD.

Our family was in LaPlata for a Drag Racing event for the very first time. My husband and I were there with our 25 year old daughter and 21 year old son. When we were ordering drinks my son was denied because he had a vertical license even though it clearly states that he is underage until May 31, 2015. I couldn't believe this so requested that our waitress ask the manager.

The manager on duty also concurred that it did not matter that my son was 21, they could not accept a vertical license as proof of age. I would like an explanation as to why this policy. Again, his license clearly states that he is obviously 21. I can only surmise that you are not confident in your employees ability to perform the math necessary to figure out if an individual is 21 or not.

The fact that my son was not able to have a beer is not what upset me that evening. The completely asinine policy did.

We have always enjoyed our meals at Applebee's but I assure you, we will never go back.

Product or Service Mentioned: Applebees Manager.

Applebees Cons: Vertical license policy.

Comments

It's up to the server or bartender in most state. They teach you not to except anything other then an up-to-date+horizontal I.D. when you take your alcohol certification.

@Anonymous

If thats the case, states need to stop issuing vertical IDs at all. Pathetic that a 25 year ild adult can not be served alcohol because the information is vertical and not horizontal. I wont be eating there anymore either.

Applebees Reviews